Over the summer of 2015 I had a growing sense that God was asking me to encourage prayer for the M1 Corridor in the UK. Having spent months pondering this and praying about it I now have a clearer idea as to why and how this should be done.
Why pray for the M1 Corridor?
The M1 was the first motorway to be built in the UK. It connects the north of England (Leeds) to the South (London). On a map it clearly runs through the heart of England. For these reasons I believe the M1 Corridor is a symbol at the heart of these islands that God wants to touch with the reality of His kingdom.
- For God’s Kingdom to come and God’s will be done in the lives of all who live in the communities (large and small) near the M1 Including: Leeds, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Leicester, Rugby, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Luton and London.
- For all who work on and use the M1 including the emergency services.
- That God would heal the heart of the UK.
- For an outpouring of the Holy Spirit across the geographical area of the M1 Corridor where many may come to faith in Jesus Christ.
How to pray for the M1 Corridor?
There are many different ways of responding to this call to pray including:
- Praying in a church building or home near the motorway.
- Standing over or beside the motorway (on a bridge).
- Driving on the motorway, perhaps for just a few junctions and back.
- At one of the many service stations on the motorway.
- Praying in numerous locations in one of the communities that straddle the M1.
A pray for the M1 Corridor
Heavenly Father, Lord God Almighty, as the M1 Corridor runs through the heart of England, we ask you to renew the heart of these lsles.
Touch the lives of all who live by, travel or work on the M1. May many come to faith in Jesus Christ and know the life, love, light and liberty of His saving grace.
We pray especially for all who live in poverty, the homeless, the exploited, orphans, the bereaved, those bound by addictive lifestyles, all who are poorly, the dying and this generation of children and young people. Bless them all with your protective healing peace. May many receive a direct touch from You, and come to look to You as their Lord and Saviour. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Contact: Rev Tim Sumpter – tmsumpter [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk
If you organise a prayer event, please let me know; thank you and blessings!!