Here’s a moment’s light relief – but which might just possibly serve as a warning against jumping to outlandish conclusions!
If you have ever wondered why Fire Engines are red, it is because . . . they have got 8 wheels and carry 4 people.
• There are 12 inches in 1 foot
• 1 foot is a ruler
• There was a ruler named Queen Elizabeth
• An aircraft carrier called the Queen Elizabeth sails the seas
• In the seas there are a lot of fish
• Fish have fins
• The Finns fought the Russians
• And the Russians went Red in the revolution
• And that’s why fire engines are red – because they’re always ‘rushing’ around’